Monday, August 07, 2006

The Blame Game

I don't really know who should be pinned with the blame for the tragedy playing out in Cincinnati right now. The Lizard would be a seemingly obvious choice, as he is the one that gave up the Cardinals' first 7 runs before the end of the 2nd. However, somebody on TV pointed out that perhaps Javy is to blame, for he is the one calling fastball after fastball that the Stupid Birds are apparently pretty good at hitting tonight. I'd also like to blame the Cardinals, because who doesn't? And while we're at it, I also blame George Steinbrenner, because he's evil, and I'm sure he had a hand in this somehow.

Not to say that I've entirely given up hope on this game, but I have chosen to write a paper comparing Kay Bailey Hutchison to John Cornyn rather than watch this game right now. Partly because I have to have the paper done by tomorrow, and also partly because I just don't think I can bear to witness this right now.

Poo-Holes smells funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KBH and Cornyn? Ugh, why?

Texass is the epicenter of the apocalypse, and those two are complacent in it.

;)

Jacci and/or Christina said...

They fit the rules of the paper quite nicley, being from the same state and the same political party and are a male and female. And I also wanted to pick someone that was bound to have tons of press coverage, because that's what we're supposed to be comparing.

They helped me to miss the last three runs the stupid birds scored, so I'll give them props for that.