Thursday, August 03, 2006

Still Miss Kearnsy

I've missed the last week posting wise, but as it was all pretty much a bunch of the same old, same old, I don't think I'll waste your time with endless recaps. The Reds are currently riding a 4-game losing streak. Luckily the Cardinals are on a 6-game losing streak, so it's not as bad as it could be. In fact, the only teams in the NL Central who have played above .500 in their last 10 games are the Cubs and Pirates. Isn't that sad? Somehow, though, the Reds maintain the lead in the Wild Card, though they are currently tied with the Diamondbacks and Padres.

It helps to know that the Dodgers are at least kind of on fire at the moment. While Cincinnati is on their losing streak, Los Angelos is having a lovely 5-game winning streak, and only 2 of those have been against the Reds, so we're not the only one's getting their asses beat. If only the offense hadn't been broken. Dunn went on a tear for a bit, but he can't do it by himself. Now it looks like Griffey's starting to pick it up, but no one else is doing that with him, so it's still a one man show.

Our shiny new bullpen hasn't been looking so new lately. I've been seeing a lot of the old faces trotting (or sprinting) to the mound, which makes me even happier that we don't have Kearns and Lopez. It's nice that the guys have been doing a mostly decent job, but I want losing two good, every day players to be worth it. This blog started out with a Bring Back Kearns Campaign. Maybe we should bring it back. I've been trying to avoid complaining about him being gone too much, as there's very little to be done for it, but I miss him (and Lopez, too). He was my favorite. We'd have to make the campaign a bit fancier. There wasn't much to it last time (although it did succeed). It's a fruitless endeavor, though. I don't think we'll be getting him back. He's not in Louisville this time.

No comments: