Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catching Up A Bit

One of these days I'll get around to telling the story of the last 5 games. Though, since we only won 1 of those 5, do you really want to hear about it? You're going to hear about it anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter. Lucky for you, that won't happen today. Today we're going to put together a "Things I've Failed To Mention" list. This list will also include links to things of interest that are mostly more than a few days late.

First on the list we have Voodoo Albert. Voodoo Albert is a creation of Daedalus over at ye olde Church of Baseball. After his inception the stupid birds lost a series to the Cubs and were swept by the Reds. He also had the somewhat unfortunate side effect of landing real life Albert on the DL. Sure, I like that he wasn't around for the series with the Reds (not that I think he would have helped), but it's never fun to see people hurt.

September 23rd looks to be Hang with Red Hot Mama and JD at Great American Day. That's really all the info I have on that. You'll have to check with them for more details. You should go, though. I'm sure it'll be good times.

Though he's only played in 4 or 5 games since, Todd Coffey was named as the Reds' closer last week.

Encarnacion's ankle sprain was apparently more significant than originally thought. He went on the 15 day DL a few days ago. Ray-Ray takes his place on the roster.

As I mentioned a few posts back, Christina's dad finangled us some pretty nifty seats for the game on Saturday. I did in fact curse us by noting the forecast a few days in advance. Instead of being 76 and sunny like Wednesday's forecast, it was under 60 and raining. So, for the year, we have 100% crappy baseball weather. It was still a good time, despite the rain, loss and that ridiculous grand slam. Claussen probably could have gotten out of the jam and allowed fewer runs to score than Yan did.

That's all I've got for now. I'm sure there are plenty more things that I've missed, but I'm tired of fighting the internet. It's time for the game, anyway. Go Reds!

No comments: