Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sixth Win in a Row

Games like this are what give me probably-too-high expectations for the rest of the season. But just imagine if the rest of the season could go this well. Amazing.

The Reds continued their winning ways this evening. Eric Milton had another great outing. Carpenter had a not-so-great outing, which is all the better for the Reds, as they won 7-0. Lopez, got the scoring started off with a home run in the 1st while I wasn't watching. In the 3rd I decided it was shower time, which is when the Reds put up two more runs. Runs 4 and 5 were scored while I was drying my hair. I actually managed to witness runs 6 and 7, putting an end to my newly hatched They-Only-Score-When-I'm-Not-Looking theory. Milton bowed out after the 7th and the bullpen managed to hang on to the shut-out despite Rick White coming in for the 9th. For the record, the pitcher I skipped over in the 8th was Hammond. He did well again. White did well for that matter. After what seems like 3 years Dunn hit home run 18 in the 7th. Griffey was even on base for it. All but one of the rest of the runs were results of doubles.

The only real down side to the game was Encarnacion leaving the game with a sprained ankle. He pulled up between 2nd and 3rd in the 7th, collapsed on the ground and laid there for quite some time. He was at least able to walk off the field on his own, but I don't imagine we'll be seeing him for several days. He was said to be listed as day-t0-day.

And so we don't end on a sour note, the win puts the Reds' winning streak at 6 and means they win the series. Tomorrow Harang and Ponson face off for the finale at 8:10.

No comments: