Thursday, March 09, 2006

Shiver Me Timbers and Other Annoying Pirate Jargon

Much to my delight, the Reds turned the tables on the Pirates today. To my knowledge no one got whacked in the head this time… unless you count the ball. Encarnacion gave it a good thumping and racked up his 5th homerun of the spring in just six games. Might he be all he was cracked up to be after all? It sounds like it was an all around decent day for the pitching staff as well. The final score was 2 for the Reds and 1 for the Pirates.

Tomorrow the Reds get to make the Yankees cry again. HA!

Also, the Reds said goodbye to Luke Hudson and Bubba Nelson today. I, like the rest of the world, was rather surprised about that. I don't know very much about Nelson, but what I've heard from other people makes it sound like he's a decent pitcher. Or he could at least become one. Oh well, I guess someone else can find out.

No comments: