Sunday, May 21, 2006

A Few Changes

Lots of people coming back from the DL means lots of people being moved elsewhere. I guess "lots" is really "two." Ray Olmedo was sent back down to Louisville upon Aurilia's return from the DL on Friday. Also, Dave Williams was DFA'd when Milton was activated on Saturday. A little shocking, it seems. Most people expected Ramirez to be sent down (including me), but Lizard Man has been doing well. I'm glad he gets to stay. Things about unused options could be said here, but as I have a very minimal understanding of exactly what that means, I'll just leave it at that.

The Reds also picked up Joe Mays after he was released from the Royals. I know three things about him: he's a pitcher, he and Krivsky were in Minnesota together and the Royals don't want him anymore. He was signed to a minor league contract, so I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments: